Fresh content is an essential component of a website that performs well in search engines, converts visitors and helps drive business.
Why is Fresh Content Important?
A few reasons, to start:
- It signals to search engines that the site is active, and not just a stale, dead fish of a website.
- It provides valuable information for homeowners who may be interested in your services.
- It increases the frequency of keywords that you're targeting, but it does so within a smart, non-spammy context.
- It gives you fodder for social media blasts and other ways of engaging with customers & potential customers.
How to Keep Your Content Fresh:
So how do you keep the content on your site fresh? What if you run out of things to talk about? After all, you already have a page for all of the products and services you offer, and a page for each of your locations, right? (If not, you should!).
Blogging is one of the easiest ways to add content to your site on a regular basis without regurgitating the same old information. Particularly in a category like home energy, where information is abundant, and where the average homeowner is uninformed about many of the basic principles, blogging presents a tremendous opportunity to use your expertise to get good, useful information out into the world. If you promote your content through a strong social media presence, you can drive a lot of traffic back to your site.
Ideas for Home Performance Web Content:
Any home energy business should have at least a certain set of content on its website, which should include home page copy, a strong "about" page, service pages for each service offered, and a contact form. Beyond that, the sky is the limit, and having educational information, news updates, tips, glossaries, guides, are all fair game.
But what if you get stuck, and don't know what to write about? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Common Building Problems
- How to stop drafts
- Keeping your energy bills low
- Improving indoor air quality
- Ice dams
- Hot rooms in the summer
- Wet basements
Energy Saving Tips
- Facts about energy efficient lighting
- The importance of air sealing
- Chimney balloons
- Et cetera.
For More Information:
Be sure to check out our free white paper on web marketing for home performance businesses for more info about SEO and web marketing for businesses like yours. And as always, feel free to contact us directly with any questions, comments or concerns; we'd be happy to chat.