Local Search Ranking Factors 2013 for Home Performance Businesses
Each year, local search expert David Mihm does a huge service to all of us in the local business world a huge favor by compiling a list of the most important factors that affect local search performance, as assessed by a group of the leading thinkers in the field. While search engine algorithms are kept a pretty good secret, there's still a lot of useful information that we can glean based on these experts' experience.
Here's an overview of the ranking factors for 2013:
If you're interested in diving in more, there are further details in our post about the 2011 Local Search Ranking Factors for home performance.
But the short story we'll take from Mihm himself:
"By and large, the primary factors seem to have stayed largely the same for the past couple of years:
- Proper category associations
- A physical address in the city being searched
- Consistent, high-quality citations from sources that are:
- Your NAP information featured clearly on your website
- Your location as a keyword in title tags and headlines
- A smattering of reviews on both Google and third-party sites
- A handful of high-quality inbound links"
We've covered many of these topics in prior posts and will continue to do so more in-depth in the future, so stay tuned.
Be sure to check out the full article as well; and feel free to comment or get a hold of us with any questions, comments or concerns.