Energy Circle, a Maine-based company specializing in digital marketing solutions for the energy efficiency community -- green builders, energy auditors, HVAC & home performance contractors, etc. -- seeks a full-time Paid Search Strategist to join our Marketing Services team.
A Different Kind of Company
Energy Circle provides lead generation and digital marketing specifically for the better buildings sector: companies and organizations on the front lines of solar, energy efficiency and healthy buildings. We measure our performance on the success of our clients and their impact on the world: our customers have delivered more than $1 Billion in energy efficiency and renewable retrofits since we started. As a culture, we’re a small, relatively flat organization: you’ll work directly with our CEO, report to the Director of Digital Strategy, and collaborate with the entire Energy Circle team.
The Paid Search Strategist position requires an expert in SEM/PPC execution, management and optimization, with a heavy focus on Google Paid Search, Display, Video (YouTube), and Local Service Ads. This individual needs to be both strategic and tactical while showcasing mature leadership and the ability to collaborate with a growing team of digital marketing account managers and strategists. This person thrives managing clients across all tiers. Our ideal candidate is also passionate about what’s next in SEM--a big thinker--and shares our passion for driving more demand for efficiency and renewable energy.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
Strategy development and execution (Google Ads & Microsoft Ads)
Plan, implement, analyze, and optimize client PPC strategy
Conduct keyword research for use in PPC campaigns
Create dynamic, engaging advertising copy for use in PPC ads
Collaborate with our digital team to improve and implement best practices for PPC on client websites and other digital marketing channels.
Conversion tracking, optimization and budget monitoring and management.
Retargeting strategy and execution.
Monthly analyses for client reporting that summarize PPC progress to supplement auto-generated reports using Google Data Studio & Supermetrics (software)
Regular client interface (weekly and/or monthly performance reporting meetings, strategy & planning meetings, as well as onboarding new clients and building new PPC ad accounts)
Working with Director of Digital Strategy and client services team on a regular basis - participating in company knowledge and skill building (regular “Lunch & Learns”, webinars, benchmark tracking and analysis, and other internal learning and training activities)
Campaign adjustments and testing as needed
Research and participate in business development activities; support Sales team
- 3-5 years direct relevant SEM experience managing paid search campaigns on Google.
- Prior experience with online lead generation acquisition models, as well as start-up to small-to-mid-size Internet / web-based companies a major plus
- Hands-on experience with CPC bid management platforms
- A passion and enthusiasm for digital marketing
- Consistent and proven track record with SEM campaign buildouts, keyword expansion, margin growth, revenue scaling and conversion optimization.
- Google AdWords Certification and Google Analytics Certification / formal training is a big plus.
- A desire to build and maintain strong, healthy, proactive client relationships; great on the phone
- The ability to work productively in collaborative, close-knit team environment; we want participants!
- Interest (or experience) in the world of energy efficiency
- Above average proficiency in Google Analytics
- A demonstrated history of client service excellence: mature, confident and personable
- Knowledge of specific tactics aligned with marketing services noted above (see our digital marketing page)
- Experience managing and optimizing Facebook Ads campaigns
- Experience with LinkedIn Ads, Google Shopping Ads, Spotify or other Streaming Media Ads
- Experience with Google's Local Service Ads
- Experience with Google Data Studio (software)
- Experience with Callrail (software)
- You love running experiments and are highly experienced with A/B testing, marketing funnels and attribution tracking
- Strong listener who is able to constructively share and receive feedback
- As we serve clients from across the US, each target audience is different which requires the account manager to select the marketing tactics that will work best for the client in their particular market
- Experience in some capacity with our client base: HVAC, Home Performance, Insulation Installers, Energy Auditors and Raters, Sustainable Builders and Remodelers, Solar Installers and Community Efficiency Programs.
Autonomy and opportunities for growth
Full time salary + benefits* (including generous PTO / Vacation time package)
401(k); eligible upon hire (match pending)
Commuter benefit program
Awesome people and zero tolerance for assholes
Remote, in-office and blended work environment options*
*We are happy to offer flexible options for both in-office and remote working, especially during this time. While we will consider both local, Maine based and remote candidates for this opportunity, preference will be given to candidates within the New England area, in anticipation of hopefully returning to in-office work when possible and safe to do so. We will work with the selected candidate to plan a safe and comfortable onboarding and training process when the time comes.
COVID-19 HIRING & OPERATIONS STATEMENT:
We are working hard to accommodate remote, in-office and blended work options for employees. Energy Circle’s downtown Portland, ME office is equipped with high efficiency, state-of-the-art heating and cooling, with an independent ventilation system tuned to optimize indoor air quality and a healthy working environment. We continuously measure the indoor environment with a commercial grade, RESET-certified monitor, and make the data accessible to everyone. Since COVID, we have increased ventilation rates, added HEPA filtration and beefed up surface cleaning procedures. To date, we meet or exceed the “high performance” target for RESET’s Commercial Interiors Standard. We will continue to follow guidance from health and safety authorities, with the goal of offering a choice of working environments that first and foremost prioritize the health and safety of our team. More information is available upon request.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY:
Energy Circle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we strive to assemble a team of thoughtful, talented, and diverse employees who are invested in issues directly related to our mission, including environmental justice. We believe the more people with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences, the more successful our company will be, and we are always on the lookout for volunteer opportunities that support our mission in the surrounding community.
Please complete the form, attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you have the skills and experience to manage digital marketing accounts. No phone calls, please. We'll make every effort to respond to serious applicants but if you do not meet all of our requirements or fail to submit the requested information, you probably won't hear back from us.