Energy Circle, a Maine-based company specializing in digital marketing solutions for the energy efficiency community -- green builders, energy auditors, HVAC & home performance contractors, etc. -- seeks a full-time Paid Search Strategist to join our Marketing Services team.
A Different Kind of Company:
Energy Circle provides lead generation digital marketing on an advanced web platform designed and developed for the better building sector. We measure our performance on the success of our clients and their impact on the world: our customers have delivered more than $1 Billion in energy efficiency retrofits since we started.
This position requires an expert in SEM/PPC execution, management and optimization. This individual needs to be both strategic and tactical while showcasing mature leadership, collaborating with a growing team of digital marketing account managers and strategists. This person thrives managing clients across all tiers. Our ideal candidate is also passionate about what’s next in SEM--a big thinker. Note, we will consider remote candidates in the greater San Diego area.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Strategy development and execution (Adwords & Bing)
- Plan, implement, analyze, and optimize client PPC strategy
- Conduct keyword research for use in PPC campaigns
- Create dynamic, engaging advertising copy for use in PPC ads
- Collaborate with our digital team to improve and implement best practices for PPC (landing pages, service pages, etc)
- Training and development of paid search team (in Q2 2018); advising paid search team on account strategy
- Conversion tracking, optimization and A/B testing
- Retargeting strategy and execution
- Pull together monthly analyses for client reporting that summarize PPC progress to supplement auto-generated reports NinjaCat (software)
- Working with Director of Digital Strategy and client services team on a regular basis
- Campaign adjustments and testing as needed
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule ongoing custom PPC strategy informed by analytics
- Research and participate in business development activities; support Sales team
- Can perform bidding following Google's SEM Best Practices
- Experience managing and optimizing Facebook Ads campaigns
- Experience with LinkedIn Ads
- Experience with NinjaCat (software)
- Experience with Callrail (software)
- You love running experiments and are highly experienced with A/B testing, marketing funnels and attribution tracking
- Strong listener who is able to constructively share and receive feedback
As we serve clients from across the US, each target audience is different which requires the account manager to select the marketing tactics that will work best for the client in their particular market.
This is an mid-senior level position and you should have:
- 3-5 years direct relevant SEM experience managing paid search campaigns on Google.
- Prior experience with online lead generation acquisition models, as well as start-up to small-to-mid-size Internet / web-based companies a major plus
- Hands-on experience with CPC bid management platforms
- A passion and enthusiasm for digital marketing
- Consistent and proven track record with SEM campaign buildouts, keyword expansion, margin growth, revenue scaling and conversion optimization.
- Google AdWords Certification and Google Analytics Certification / formal training is a big plus.
- A desire to build and maintain strong, healthy, proactive client relationships; great on the phone
- The ability to work productively in collaborative, close-knit team environment; we want participants!
- Interest (or experience) in the world of energy energy efficiency
- Above average proficiency in Google Analytics
In an ideal world, you’d also have:
A demonstrated history of client service excellence: mature, confident and personable
Knowledge of specific tactics aligned with marketing services noted above (see our digital marketing page)
Experience in some capacity with our client base: HVAC, Home Performance, Insulation Installers, Energy Auditors and Raters, Sustainable Builders and Remodelers, Solar Installers and Community Efficiency Programs.
What you’ll get in return:
A competitive salary
Zero tolerance for assholes!
Please complete the form, attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you have the skills and experience to manage digital marketing accounts. No phone calls, please. We'll make every effort to respond to serious applicants but if you do not meet all of our requirements or fail to submit the requested information, you probably won't hear back from us.