A Different Kind of Company:
We provide energy efficiency and renewable energy contractors with best-in-class web and marketing services. We currently count as clients over 300 businesses in 49 states, as well as many of the major institutions and associations of the better building sector. We measure our performance in the success of our clients and their impact on the world: our customers have delivered more than $1 billion in energy efficiency retrofits since we started. As a culture, we’re a small, flat organization: you’ll work directly with our CEO, report to the Director of Digital Strategy, and collaborate with the entire Energy Circle team.
A Content Writer at Energy Circle is at his/her core a savvy writer, strategic thinker and very strong project manager. They play a crucial role in creating content for recurring Energy Circle Marketing Services as well as Energy Circle platform projects. They work closely with the other Content Writer, the Director of Digital Strategy, and Digital Marketing Account Managers. This individual must be able to:
- Write engaging online content about energy efficiency/HVAC/home performance/solar specifically
- Produce the following content types: blog posts, landing pages, marketing copy, infographics, video scripts, Facebook ads, etc.
- Demonstrate SEO best practices (writing metadata, performing keyword research, etc.)
- Produce monthly content and brainstorm content ideas for a number of clients
- Attend website project kickoffs, interview clients, create sitemaps, and create content for new client websites
- Review and edit content produced by other writers
- Collaborate with the EC internal marketing team to produce ongoing content
- Provide support as needed on webinars, video production, image and testimonial curation, etc.
- A degree in English, journalism, or something similar
- 2–4 years of experience in content development and writing
- Exceptional writing abilities with an understanding of marketing concepts
- Strong project management skills with an ability to meet quick deadlines
- Digital marketing and SEO experience (e.g., metadata, CTAs, alt text, etc.)
- Energized in collaborative team environment
- A commitment to developing deep knowledge of energy efficiency, home performance, building science, etc.
- Experience with video script writing is a plus
- Autonomy and opportunities for growth
- Full time salary + benefits
- 401(k); eligible upon hire
- Commuter benefit program
- Dog-friendly office
- Awesome people and zero tolerance for assholes