Energy Circle, a Maine-based company specializing in digital marketing solutions for the energy efficiency community -- green builders, energy auditors, HVAC & home performance contractors, etc. -- seeks a full-time Digital Marketing Account Manager to join our Marketing Services team.
A Different Kind of Company:
Lead generation through digital marketing on an advanced web platform designed & developed for the better building sector. We measure our performance in the success of our clients and their impact on the world: our customers have delivered more than $1 Billion in energy efficiency retrofits since we started. As a culture, we’re a small, flat organization: you’ll work directly with our CEO, report to the Director of Client Services, and collaborate with the entire team.
Plan - Build - Track - Analyze - Optimize
DMAMs at EC are savvy digital strategists, and compassionate relationship drivers. They are explorers, executors and above all else strategic thinkers! We reject the paper-pushing middleman typical of most ad agencies. We are seeking a talented individual who can directly manage recurring digital marketing accounts. Our accounts are diverse across the better building sectors. This role requires a broad digital marketing skillset and a fierce interest to learn new tools and tactics. This individual must have prior experience managing (many of) the following digital marketing services:
- Strategic Campaign Planning, Development & Management
- Content Marketing
- Local SEO
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Advertising
- Knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM); Adwords / Bing Ads
- Online Review Generation / Management
- Email Marketing
- Video Marketing
As we serve clients from across the US, each target audience is different which requires the account manager to select the marketing channel mix and tactics that will work best for the client in their particular market.
This is an mid-level position and you should have:
- A degree in marketing, business management, communications, or something similar
- 3-5 years experience working in digital marketing
- A passion and enthusiasm for digital marketing
- A fair blend of quantitative and qualitative thinking abilities
- Ability to present (and clearly communicate) overarching marketing strategy, campaign objectives, and performance metrics
- Ultra organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks
- A desire to build and maintain strong, healthy, proactive client relationships
- An ability to interface with clients both over the phone and in person, but mostly on the phone
- The ability to work productively in collaborative, close-knit team environment; we want participants!
- Strong and fast writing/editing
- A passion and firm understanding of the growing importance of Local SEO
- Interest (or experience) in the better building sectors
- Above average proficiency in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
In an ideal world, you’d also have:
- A demonstrated history of client service excellence;
- Knowledge of specific tactics aligned with marketing services noted above;
- Experience in some capacity with our client base: Solar Installers, HVAC contractors, Home Performance, Insulation Installers, Energy Auditors and Raters, Sustainable Builders and Remodelers, Solar Installers and Community Efficiency Programs.
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive salary
- Healthcare coverage
- Transportation subsidies
- Downtown Portland, dog-friendly office
- Zero tolerance for assholes!
Please complete the form, attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you have the skills and experience to manage digital marketing accounts. No phone calls, please. We'll make every effort to respond to serious applicants but if you do not meet all of our requirements or fail to submit the requested information, you probably won't hear back from us.