A Different Kind of Company:
Lead generation through digital marketing on an advanced web platform designed & developed for the better building sector. We measure our performance in the success of our clients and their impact on the world: our customers have delivered more than $1.5 billion in energy efficiency and renewable retrofits since we started. As a culture, we’re a small, flat organization: you’ll work directly with our CEO, work closely with the rest of the ECMS team, including other Pod Leaders, Directors of Marketing Services and Marketing Strategy, and the Sales and Development teams. This role will report to the Director of Solar and Digital Marketing Strategy.
The Senior Digital Marketing Account Manager will also function as a team leader—facilitating the management and oversight of their team, or "pod." The Pod Leader will be responsible for overseeing all client success and performance in their designated sector. As the Pod Lead, the Senior Digital Marketing Account Manager assumes oversight and management responsibilities as the account manager(s) and production associate(s) in their pod. Account managers and production associates in the pod will report directly to the Pod Leader for guidance, training, support or general questions or needs and the Pod Leader advocates for and represents the Sector Pod among company leadership.
The Pod Leader has both autonomy and authority to steer the direction of their pod in terms of both team oversight and implementation of digital strategies and best practices. They are empowered to guide their Pod members’ strategic contributions to client work as well as guiding overall team success.
Plan | Build | Track | Analyze | Optimize
Senior DMAMs at EC are savvy digital strategists, and compassionate relationship drivers. They are explorers, executors and above all else strategic thinkers! We reject the paper-pushing middleman typical of most ad agencies. We are seeking a talented individual who can directly manage recurring digital marketing accounts. Our accounts are diverse across the better building sectors. This role requires a broad digital marketing skillset and a fierce interest to learn new tools and tactics. This individual must have prior experience managing (many of) the following digital marketing services:
- Strategic Campaign Planning, Development & Management
- Content Marketing
- Local SEO
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Advertising
- Knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM); Adwords / Bing Ads
- Online Review Generation / Management
- Email Marketing
- Video Marketing
As we serve clients from across the US, each target audience is different which requires the account manager to select the marketing channel mix and tactics that will work best for the client in their particular market.
This is a management-level position and you should have:
- A degree in marketing, business management, communications, or something similar
- 3-5 years experience working in digital marketing
- A passion and enthusiasm for digital marketing
- A fair blend of quantitative and qualitative thinking abilities
- Ability to present (and clearly communicate) overarching marketing strategy, campaign objectives, and performance metrics
- Ultra organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks
- Comfort with semi-technical front end tasks in Wordpress and/or Drupal.
- A desire to build and maintain strong, healthy, proactive client relationships
- An ability to interface with clients both over the phone and in person, but mostly on the phone
- The ability to work productively in a collaborative, close-knit team environment
- Strong and fast writing/editing
- A passion and firm understanding of the growing importance of Local SEO
- Interest (or experience) in the better building sectors
- Above average proficiency in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
In an ideal world, you’d also have:
- A demonstrated history of client service excellence;
- Knowledge of specific tactics aligned with marketing services noted above;
- Experience in some capacity with our client base: Solar Installers, HVAC contractors, Home Performance, Insulation Installers, Energy Auditors and Raters, Sustainable Builders and Remodelers, Solar Installers and Community Efficiency Programs.
What you’ll get in return:
- Full time salary + benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work environment
- 401(k); eligible upon hire (employer match coming soon!)
- Dog-friendly office
- Awesome people and zero tolerance for assholes
Candidates are expected to be able to be present on a weekly basis in our Portland, Maine office. We are currently operating a hybrid work environment, with employees splitting their working hours between the Energy Circle office and home.
COVID-19 HIRING & OPERATIONS STATEMENT: Energy Circle’s downtown Portland, ME office is equipped with high efficiency, state-of-the-art heating and cooling, with an independent ventilation system tuned to optimize indoor air quality and a healthy working environment. We continuously measure the indoor environment with a commercial grade, RESET-certified monitor, and make the data accessible to everyone. Since COVID, we have increased ventilation rates, added HEPA filtration and beefed up surface cleaning procedures. To date, we meet or exceed the “high performance” target for RESET’s Commercial Interiors Standard. We will continue to follow guidance from health and safety authorities, with the goal of offering a choice of working environments that first and foremost prioritize the health and safety of our team. More information is available upon request.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY: Energy Circle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we strive to assemble a team of thoughtful, talented, and diverse employees who are invested in issues directly related to our mission, including environmental justice. We believe the more people with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences, the more successful our company will be, and we are always on the lookout for volunteer opportunities that support our mission in the surrounding community.