The PowerCost Monitor by Blue Line Innovations is an easy to install whole-house energy monitor will gives you real-time energy use for your home. The straightforward two part system consists of a Sensor Unit attached directly to the outside of your electric meter and the Power Monitor display unit, which is wireless, and can be located in any room of the house for easy reference. The sensor can be attached and detached without impacting the meter. The monitor can sit on a counter or be mounted on the wall. Both the sensor and monitor are battery operated (batteries included).
Combined with the PowerCost Wifi gateway which will allow you to upload your energy use data to the Microsoft® Hohm™ portal, PeoplePower, PlotWatt ane myEragy, all of which give you powerful and free analysis tools. PeoplePower and my Eragy also offer smartphone apps that will allow you to monitor your energy use while you are out and about.
We Thought You'd Like To Know
The Blue Line PowerCost works with most (but not) electric meters, check your meter before purchasing.
List of Known Compatible Meters:
- CENTRON by Itron/Schlumberger
- I-210 by GE
- iCon by Sensus
- R1S, REX by Elster
- Echelon EM-502xx -Series "NES - Solid State Watt Hour Meter"
- Disk meters with Black mark clearly visible
List of Known Incompatible Meters:
- FOCUS by Landis & Gyr (Triangular port at the 3:00 position)
- Schlumberger MT100/200 Hybrids
- A1R+ and A3TL by Elster (Alpha)
- GE Kv2 Series
- Altimus by Siemens and Landis & Gyr
- ASX/RSX by Landis & Gyr
- Disk meters with plates covering the disk and black mark
- Net Metering (Disk spinning in both Directions or digitals meters displaying bi-directional amounts)
Includes one display unit, one sensor unit, the wifi gateway w/power supply, USB cable, an installation guide, setup guide, user's manual, installation DVD, and 4 AA alkaline batteries.