Energy Circle is seeking a driven, savvy Sales Executive to join our growing team. Sales Account Executives are charged with growing Energy Circle’s client base and revenue opportunities through the direct sale of our web platforms and digital marketing services to a niche group of renewable and energy efficiency contractors including home performance, HVAC, insulation, solar, sustainable builders and architects/engineers.
The ideal candidate will clear strengths in at least two of our three key traits: 1. A strong track record in sales; 2. Direct experience working in the renewable & efficiency contracting sector and 3. Demonstrated capability to sell sophisticated digital marketing tools and services.
The position requires approximately 15-20% travel (highly concentrated in spring and fall), and includes opportunities to learn and attend industry conferences and events. Our target market is all of the US and Canada, so most of your daily interaction will be via phone or meeting software.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with prospective clients
- Manage and cultivate sales pipeline
- Work collaboratively with Business Development Reps (our prospecting team) to create Sales Qualified Leads
- Be responsible for achieving a monthly and/or quarterly quota
- Quarterback the resources needed to acquire new clients
- Religious, detailed management of CRM and Prospecting software (Salesforce & ZenProspect)
- Identify needs of prospect through strategic process; articulate objectives to larger team
- Build proposals and deliver presentations and product demos to prospective clients
- Become an expert at our solutions
- Proactively generate new pipeline opportunities
- Lead diagnostic marketing consultations
- Master digital marketing and keep up to speed with changing environment
- Attend trade shows and industry conferences
- Work collaboratively with EC team to ensure a successful and efficient lead to client transition
- Leverage your creativity, intellect and positive attitude, in order to win new business
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or the like
- 3 - 5 years sales experience
- Hard evidence that you are a top producer equipped with successful closing tactics over the phone
- Street smarts, emotional intelligence and enthusiasm
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- A desire to build and maintain strong, healthy and proactive client relationships
- Meticulous organization skills
- A sharp focus on your sales goals
- Experience working with a CRM to plan, track and monitor performance
- Experience in some capacity with our client base: HVAC, Home Performance, Insulation Installers, Energy Auditors and Raters, Sustainable Builders and Remodelers, Solar Installers and Community Efficiency Programs (strongly preferred)
- Experience within a marketing, software, web technologies or innovative online product business (strongly preferred)
- Passion for Energy Circle’s mission
- Base Salary + Success-based Commission
- Full health care & 401K
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Newly renovated, energy efficient office in the heart of Portland, Maine’s Arts District
- Welcome office for well mannered dogs
- Early release Fridays in summer
- Zero tolerance for assholes!
Please complete the form, attach your resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience align with this role. No phone calls, please. We'll make every effort to respond to serious applicants but if you do not meet all of our requirements or fail to submit the requested information, you probably won't hear back from us.