Search Engine Marketing, otherwise known as pay-per-click (PPC) or simply Google Adwords, is a very effective way for local solar contractors to profitably self-generate their own leads.
The goal of this guide is to share our lessons learned from spending $250,000 on solar campaigns over the past 12 months, generating leads for our clients for between $100 to $200.
We wrote the guide for residential solar contractors that have the following goals:
- No longer want to buy leads from lead generators and are interested in learning how to self-generate their own leads.
- Need to figure out how to compete with large national players that have massive SEM budgets and can drown out local players.
- Are investing in building a long-term sustainable local business and believe that having a great online presence is part of this.
- Would like to generate leads for under $200 that close are between 10% and 20%.
- Are spending, or plan to spend, at least $2,500 per month on SEM campaigns.
What data is this guide based on?
- Lessons learned spending over $250,000 on solar terms over the course of the past 12 months.
- Generated solar leads for between $100 and $200 that convert at between 10% to 20%.
- Tracked over 350 solar terms.
What you’ll learn after reading this guide?
- SEM(PPC) terminology
- Unique aspects of solar vs. standard SEM
- Benefits & characteristics of a well-structured campaign
- How to identify profitable keywords in your service territory
- How to analyze, troubleshoot and optimize your SEM campaign
- Why to need connect your CRM to your SEM accounts so you can understand if your campaigns are profitable or not.